I hope that these will answer any questions you might have.
1. How do I book?
2. Will you look after so and so pet?
If you have a pet that I have not listed then just ask and I will see if it’s possible. Just remember that I am likely not to have any experience with them and may need detailed information.
3. Is there any pets that you will not look after?
Cats, Dogs, Parrots, Spiders and Snakes
4. I have a lot of pets are you able to look after them?
I have a large number of cages and can make up large C & C cages so this is possible but I highly recommend you book early as certain times of the year I have limited space. Prices are worked out per cage.
5. When am I able to pick up or drop off my pet/pets?
Most evenings and weekends. I work a full time job so am not available Monday to Friday in the day.
Although I can look after pets over these periods I am unavailable for pick up and drop off on these days.
All bank holidays and 1st Jan, 2nd and 3rd Feb, 5th, 26th, 27th and 28th July, 24th and 31st October, 24th, 25th, 26th and 31st December.
6. Why do you need an advance payment?
This is too confirm your booking. Your booking is not confirmed until it is paid. Please note if you want to cancel your booking it will be kept.
7. What is a retainer and why might it be kept?
It is a amount I require you to pay on drop off of your pet/pets together with the cost of the boarding. This price starts at £10 but can increase depending on number of pets and length of stay. You will get your retainer back all being well on pick up of your pet/pets. Part of It may be kept if you have supplied your own dry food but it runs out before you return to pick up your pets the cost of either using my own food or me going out to buy some will be taken out of this.
Days you may be unable to come pick up your pets costs will be taken out of it.
Damage to cages. Please note if you pet damages the cage in such a way that I am no longer able to use it. E.g chews they way out of the base. You will be required to source a replacement this can be second hand.
If your pet is requires to be taken to the vet this money will be used towards a appointment although this will not cover the full charge and the rest will need to be paid when you come to pick them up.
8. I need to borrow a cage for my pets to stay in?
I have cages available but they are limited so please check at the time of booking.
9. What happens if there is a issue and I am not able to pick up my pets on the day we agreed. E.g if my plane is delayed?
That’s not a issue as long as you let me know as soon as possible preferable 24 hours in advance. You can either ask a friend or family member to pick them up or they can stay extra days till you are able to pick them up and as long as I am available. *
* If I am going on holiday I will make you aware at time of booking and you must have someone else to come and pick them up before I go away if you are unable to.
10. Changes to booked dates. If you need to change dates including adding or removing days you must let me know asap. If I am not available for pick up and drop off on the new date you may need to add on a extra day for when I will be available.
11. Reduction in days staying unless at least 2 weeks notice is given the price of the stay will remain the same.
12. Increase days of stay with less than 2 weeks notice may be subject to higher additional day charges.
13. Your pets must be in good health to stay with me. Unfortunately I am unable to look after your pets if you recently got in new pets within 2 weeks of them due to stay with me. This is due to the fact I have to protect my own pets from viruses.
14. 2-3 weeks before your pet/pets are due to stay you will receive a email with a questionnaire and given times I am available for drop off. You must reply to me at least a week before your pets are due to stay. If I receive no reply then your booking will be cancelled and the advanced payment kept.
15. I’ve only just found out I need to go away can you look after my pet?
I normally require at least 2 weeks notice for bookings. If less than 2 weeks notice is given it is likely that last minute additional booking fees may apply.