I hope that these will answer any questions you may have.
1. How do I book?
2. Will you look after so and so pet?
If you have a pet that I have not listed then just ask, and I will see if it’s possible. Just remember that I am unlikely to have any experience with them and may need detailed information.
3. Is there any pets that you will not look after?
Rabbits, Cats, Dogs, Spiders and Snakes.
4. I have a lot of pets are you able to look after them?
I have a large number of cages and can make up large C & C cages, so this is possible, but I highly recommend you book early as certain times of the year, I have limited space. Prices are worked out per cage.
5. Will my pet be allowed out of they cage? Yes I offer free range for all pets.
6. My pet has a ongoing health issue are you able to look after them? It depends on the issue they have please email with details and we can go from there. This is due to the fact I have to look after other peoples pets as well as my own.
7. Are you able to give medicine to my pet? I am unable to give injectable medicine but anything given by mouth or in food is fine. Please be aware that there may be additional charges if the medicine needs to be given more than once a day.
8. When am I able to pick up or drop off my pet/pets?
Most evenings and weekends by appointment only.
I work a full time job so am not available Monday to Friday in the day.
Normal opening hours for pick up and drop off. Please note these can change.
Monday – Friday 7 pm to 9 pm
Saturday 11 am to 1 pm (Please note that some Saturdays pick up and drop off can change to evening only. With likely time of 8 pm to 9.30 pm.)
Sunday 11 am to 12.30 pm and between 6.30 pm and 8 pm
Closed Bank Holidays
Out of hours emergency drop off/pick up time Monday – Friday 7.30 am only additional £5 charge. Saturday 8 am only additional £5 charge.
Although I can look after pets over these periods, I am unavailable for pick up and drop off on the following days
April 10th 13th
May 8th 25th
July 4th 5th
9. Why do you need an advance payment?
This is to confirm your booking. Your booking is not confirmed until it is paid. Please note; if you want to cancel your booking, the advance payment is non-refundable and non-transferable. Quotes are valid for 4 days.
Advance payment is normally 50 % of the cost of the booking. At Christmas/New Year and in July and August advance payment is normally 70 % of the cost of booking. Last minute bookings may require full up front payment.
10. What is a retainer and why might it be kept?
It is an amount I require you to pay on drop off of your pet/pets together with the cost of the boarding. This price starts at £10 but can increase depending on number of pets and length of stay. You will get your retainer back, all being well, on pick up of your pet/pets. Part of it may be kept if you have supplied your own dry food but it runs out before you return to pick up your pets. The cost of either using my own food or going out to buy some, will be taken out of this.
Days you may be unable to come pick up your pets, costs will be taken out of it.
Damage to cages; Please note if your pet damages the cage in such a way that I am no longer able to use it ( E.g chews they way out of the base) You will be required to source a replacement. This can be second hand.
If your pet is requires to be taken to the vet, the retainer will be used towards an appointment, although this will not cover the full charge, and the rest will need to be paid when you come to pick them up.
11. I need to borrow a cage for my pets to stay in?
Cages are available as part of the daily rate as well as bedding and a basic set up. These can be upgraded to bigger cages for additional fees.
12. What happens if there is an issue and I am not able to pick up my pets on the day we agreed. E.g if my plane is delayed?
That’s not a issue as long as you let me know as soon as possible, preferably 24 hours in advance. You can either ask a friend or family member to pick them up, or they can stay extra days until you are able to pick them up, and as long as I am available. *
* If I am going to be unavailable, I will make you aware at time of booking and you must have someone else to come and pick them up before the unavailable dates, if you are unable to.
13. Changes to booked dates. If you need to change dates, including adding or removing days, you must let me know asap. If I am not available for pick up and drop off on the new date, you may need to add on a extra day for when I will be available.
14. Reduction in days staying: unless at least 2 weeks notice is given, the price of the stay will remain the same.
15. Increase days of stay with less than 2 weeks notice may be subject to higher additional day charges.
16. Your pets must be in good health to stay with me. Unfortunately, I am unable to look after your pets if you have recently got new pets within 2 weeks of them due to stay with me. This is due to the fact I have to protect other pets staying with me and my own pets.
17. All rabbits must be vaccinated before entry to the boarding room, proof of this must be shown. Either by a vaccination card or veterinary records.
18. 2-3 weeks before your pet/pets are due to stay you will receive a email with a questionnaire and given a appointment time for drop off. You must reply to me at least a week before your pets are due to stay. If I receive no reply then your booking will be cancelled and the advanced payment kept. You will also be libel to the full boarding fee.
19. I’ve only just found out I need to go away can you look after my pet?
I normally require at least 2 weeks notice for bookings. If less than 2 weeks notice is given it is likely that last minute additional booking fees may apply.
Please be aware at busy times of the year I may close bookings early and will not be able to take last minute bookings.